Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to School Night!!!

Tonight is Back to School Night. It begins at 7:00. I hope to see you all there!!

We began the morning with Mrs. Benson teaching a lesson about the characteristics of realistic fiction. The students listened to the book Crow Boy and then sorted books using the characteristics of realistic fiction. I continued working with individual students assessing their reading abilities.

In math we began rounding numbers to the nearest ten. I am going to attach a picture of the chart we made in class. Some key points; when rounding to the nearest ten the one's column will always be a zero, we use the digit in the one's column to determine whether to round up or down, 0-4 rounds down, 5 and up rounds up.

Next, the students read an article from their National Geographic magazine called Lessons in Lava with Mrs. Beck. They discussed the article and completed a follow up worksheet. I continued with my assessments.

Following lunch and indoor recess the students will continue to work on the follow up worksheet. They will also create a topic list for personal narratives. I will continue assessing.

We will end the day with a class meeting!

1 comment:

MellieMel said...

I am so so sorry I missed Back to School night :(
I look forward to meeting you soon! Tre loves 3rd grade so far :)

Blog Archive