Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day 1 of MSA: Reading

Well...day 1 of MSA testing is in the books and we came out of it unscathed! The children worked hard and put effort into their work. I am proud of each and every one of them...my only concern is that some of them were way too worried...talk to your children about my belief in each and every one of them...I know they will do well!

Following testing, we talked, briefly, about fantasy as a literary genre. Literature categorized as fantasy involves magic and/or supernatural powers as a primary ingredient of the plot and/or setting. I will begin reading Matilda, by Roald Dahl, aloud to the class, as an example of a fantasy novel.

After lunch and outdoor recess, we changed classes for math. In math we worked on equivalent fractions and comparing fractions. We also watched a video on division since this area caused some concerns during our warm up.

We will end the day with a discussion about how things have changed in the student's lives, since their birth. If time allows, I will also begin reading Matilda.

No comments:

Blog Archive