Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Well, the flu bug hit the Holman household this week in a big, bad way! Therefore, I was not in school yesterday. Unfortunately, I had already planned to be out tomorrow...I will be attending my son's class party at noon and then we both have dental appointments.

However, today we took and reviewed a formative in math. Tonight they should review the formative with an adult, in preparation for a math quiz tomorrow.

During reading, we searched for -oy words and compiled a class list. Then the students chose their own words for their personal spelling list. There will be a spelling test NEXT Friday, February 22 and spelling homework is due, then, too!

Tomorrow, the class will read and discuss an issue of Time for Kids. Then, they will complete a copmprehension worksheet. Additionally, they will work on a test prep packet...they will initially work independently, then review the correct answers with the substitute, who is a former MCPS teacher.

Next week we will get back on track with reading groups...

Again, I feel guilty about the disruptions this week but I do feel that the children are still getting good instruction that helps them get smarter each day. I do welcome your comments, questions and/or concerns either posted on the blog or e-mailed to my school e-mail at dana_c_holman@mspcmd.org

Also, book orders are due Tuesday, February 19 and there is no school on Monday, February 18!

Thanks to all of the parents who worked so hard to make our Valentine's Day party so much fun!

No comments:

Blog Archive