Wednesday, February 20, 2008

SNOW!?!?!

I can't believe I am going to say this...but I am hoping the current forecast doesn't effect our school schedule...I am just getting back into the groove of things and don't really want the disruption to my routine... (Did I really just write that!?!?!)

We began math with a warm up and then took notes on the symbols for writing a point, a line segment, a ray, a line and an angle. This was new and is an above grade level objective. Then we took a formative...the formative did have some of the symbols on it...I told the class that I felt that seeing it on the formative would help them understand how it would look on a quiz or test...and, therefore, further help their understanding. So, if your child struggled with the last two pages, PLEASE do not make them feel badly! :-)

For homework the children should review the formative with an adult...to do this go over each problem, one at a time, explaining how to solve it...praise them for their efforts and point out anything new they learned!

During reading we reviewed subjects and predicates. Then the students worked on individual reading group assignments.

W&M: Met with me...we began a vocabulary web using the word shepherd.

JGB: Worked independently on an interpreting words activity...using new vocabulary from their story.

SP&T: Read chapter 3.

Following PE, lunch and indoor recess, we will share our headlines that were brought in for homework and discuss the fact that many "news" stories have more than one side. We will then use the headlines to plan a writing to persuade piece.

If time allows, we will watch a United Streaming video clip in honor of Black History Month.

No comments:

Blog Archive