Thursday, March 12, 2015

Thrilling Thursday - PARCC Math

This morning, after visiting the restroom and reading quietly, the children began the first unit of the math PARCC.  I was so proud of the effort and concentration put forth during the testing session!!

After, the students had a chance to eat their snack and take a break.

We will take the second, and final, math unit of the PARCC tomorrow.  Remember to send a healthy snack.

Next Tuesday, March 17, we will take the final reading session of the PARCC.

After our snack, we began working on our inquiry projects, the realistic fiction picture book. First, I reviewed issues that I had noticed and then shared some of the student's work who were on target.  This gave the children a chance to hear what their peers were writing, to provide them with ideas and hopefully, some motivation.  Then, Mrs. Hostler and I worked with individual students, while others worked independently, using the feedback I had provided in writing.

Next the students enjoyed outdoor recess and lunch.

When they returned to class, I shared a new app called, Whooo's Reading.  It is basically an online reading log.  I was just introduced to it today, so I am not sure how I will put it to use, but I am hoping to play around with it soon!

Finally, the students ended their day in art with Mrs. Daniell.

Just a note...we will work on writing, again, tomorrow and resume reading and math groups on Monday!

No comments:

Blog Archive