Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Terrific Tuesday

This morning I was at an in-school planning meeting.  Mrs. Carlson stepped in to cover for me in my absence.

Prior to the announcements they used Typing Club to work on keyboarding fluency.  Then they began a science lesson.

Today, they used non-fiction text to explore how rocks hold information about the Earth's past.

In math, they began using long division to divide 4 digit numbers by a 1 digit number.

After math, the students enjoyed lunch and outdoor recess.  Then they went to PE with MR. Smith.

I picked the children up from PE and we returned to class to begin our literacy block.

First, we read chapters 7-9 of Shiloh.

After that, I shared with the class the planning we did this morning.  I shared a Trello web site which will help keep us organized.  It clearly displays the steps need to complete the Genius Hour project.  Additionally, it is interactive, so student names will be moved to identify which step of the project on which they are currently working.  Then, I showed the children the Genius Hour class web site I created.  This site will be where each student uploads their planning, their research, and eventually their project.  Finally, I shared a student's actual questions and research, with the children, so that they understood exactly what I am expecting from each.

There wasn't much time left, by his point, but the children then had time to work on identifying a question, and a back up, for their Genius Hour project.

HO\MEWORK is posted on GC - Holman's Homework.

No comments:

Blog Archive